How to Vape
What is a Vape?
How Vapes Work
Types of Vapes
Vapes is quite a broad label, with many vapour products sitting under that umbrella. We already mentioned how the type of vape can impact the technique you need to vape properly. However, there are two main categories of vapes: disposables and refillables/pre-filled.
Disposable vapes are, as the name suggests, disposable. They are usually fairly basic and are a cheap way to get into vaping. They do not require a charge to be used, so you can get your vape out of the box - remove the silicon covers from the mouthpiece and base and puff to get started.
These vapes are good for the experienced vaper. They are able to be reused, just add in new e-liquid or a prefilled pod, but will require careful maintenance to keep the device working long-term. It is also good to keep in mind you have to charge refillable vapes - so if you are looking for the quickest device to get started with, take a look at disposable vapes.
What is the Right Way of Vaping? How to Vape Properly
How to Vape in a Safe Way
In order to make sure you are vaping in a safe way, it is important to:
- 1. Learn how to use your vape properly. This means you should know how to inhale and exhale when using the vape. To ensure safe vaping, you should learn how to draw the vapour in properly - so make sure to read the instructions that come with your vape before using a new brand for the first time.
- 2. Inhale less. Inhaling too much vapour in one go means you get a high amount of nicotine entering your system in one go, maybe more than you are used to (if you are used to smoking), so just monitor your puffs.
- 3. Don’t overdo it. Practice moderation when it comes to vaping to avoid nicotine poisoning.
How to Vape Properly
When learning the correct inhale in order to vape properly, you should consider that there are two types of inhalation techniques, direct-lung and mouth-to-lung. The best technique for disposable vapes, such as Elf Bar and Lost Mary, is mouth-to-lung.
Mouth-to-Lung (also referred to by the acronym MTL) drags should feel like you are sucking air through a straw. To grasp the MTL technique, try following these steps:
- 1. Draw the vapour in for a few seconds (should feel like sucking on a straw for a few seconds).
- 2. Close your mouth and hold the vapour in for a couple of seconds.
- 3. Open your mouth and breathe the vapour into your lungs (this should, however, not be a swallowing technique).
- 4. Exhale the vapour once you feel it hit your lungs.
Why Do People Use Vapes?
Each person who vapes will have their reasons, but some of the most popular reasons why people use vapes are…
- - They are an alternative to smoking.
- - They can help save money
- - They have better flavour
- - They can be tobacco-free.