Elf Bar Tacja vs VELO
Elf Bar Nicotine Pouches vs VELO Nicotine Pouches: An Overview
|Category||Tacja Nicotine Pouches||VELO Nicotine Pouches|
|Number of Flavours||8||9|
|Lowest Nicotine Strength Option||12mg per pouch||4mg per pouch|
|Strongest Nicotine Strength Option||20mg per pouch||17mg per pouch|
|Number of Pouches Per Can||20||20|
|Portion Size(s)||Slim||Slim or Mini|
|Price Per Can (last updated October 2023)||From £3.29||From £3.22|
VELO Nicotine Pouches Review
VELO Review: Expert Rankings
We asked our in house expert, Beth, to give her review of VELO snus.
“Overall, what stands out about VELO UK pouches are the variety of nicotine strengths and the consistency in experience. The pouches themselves are soft in general, with quite a thin pouch material - which means you have to be quite careful with the pouches. These pouches are pretty consistent - what you smell is the flavour you get. From my experience, my favourite VELO pouches (VELO Freeze X-Strong) give around 45 minutes of flavour and nicotine release - however, in general the experience can last between 35-45 minutes depending on the flavour. While I am already an avid fan of the VELO pouches range, it still managed to surprise me that the flavour was so consistently released throughout the using the pouch considering the amount of time you experience the release for (typically you only get around 30 minutes from most nicotine pouches).
The main thing I feel I would like to see from the VELO snus range is more flavours - while I love their current UK flavour selection, there are some flavours that I would love to see (such as an expanded range of fruit flavours) and just in general be able to have more options to choose from. However, this is more down to my taste preferences.”
Beth’s Top VELO Snus Picks
- 1. VELO Freeze - “These pouches have always been my favourite from VELO. These pouches have a sting of peppermint, making a refreshing change from the range of classic sweet mints you tend to get with nicotine pouches.”
- 2. VELO Tropical Breeze - “These are a fun, fruity pick that give me a flavour of summer - perfect for lovers of all things tropical flavoured. The flavour is primarily focused on tart mandarin and mango notes that ensure the flavour is not too acidic or too sweet.”
- 3. VELO Ice Cool - “Another classic flavour in the VELO range, the Ice Cool offers a cooling pouch with a less sharp mint flavour vs VELO Freeze. These pouches give an initial cooling sensation when you situate the pouch, but as it remains in place the flavour you begin to taste features a sweet peppermint with cooling menthol notes underneath. It is a great choice if you like mint snus, but want a less intense mint than VELO Freeze.”
Tacja Nicotine Pouches
Tacja Nicotine Pouches Review: Expert Rankings
We asked our in house expert, Beth, to give her review of the Tacja snus range.
“They are still quite new to the market, but the Elf Bar Tacja nicotine pouches are already cooking up quite the storm. These pouches are a great way to encourage disposable vape users to consider smoke-free alternatives to vapes - by offering their popular flavours but in pouch format. The pouches themselves are, I would say, semi-dry and feel a little bigger than the VELO pouches: however, they are still on the slim side and do park comfortably. When it comes to flavours, personally I do like that they have flavours to match the flavours of Elf Bar vape I like and that there are 8 different options to choose from already. The pouch experience in general does need a little work: I found that the release was rather strong at first, then fades out over time, when I prefer a pouch with more consistent release (however, this could also be due to the strength of these pouches).
My main wish for these pouches is that there were more nicotine strength options, ideally with a selection of lower nicotine strengths to cater to a bigger pouch audience. I personally used the Tacja 18mg pouches, and even as a regular strong pouch user I found these a little intense and would recommend stepping down a strength. It would be great to have a wider selection of strengths to open these pouches up to a wider audience of nicotine users.”
Beth’s Top Tacja Snus Picks
- 1. Tacja Mint - “These pouches have a classic flavour combination - peppermint and spearmint. The flavour has a gentle sweetness due to the peppermint but with a chill and iced mint flavour from the spearmint.”
- 2. Tacja Watermelon Ice - “These copy the classic Elf Bar 600 flavour and gives it to nicotine pouch users. Each pouch balances the flavours of sweet watermelon with a slight hint of cool menthol to make sure you have a sweet but not too sweet flavour experience.”
- 3. Tacja Freezing Ice - “Freezing Ice, as the name suggests, combines the coolest flavours: menthol and ice. Each pouch doesn’t only give a mint flavour, but has a real chill to it too which adds to the experience.”
The Differences Between Elf Bar Tacja vs VELO Nicotine Pouches
Comparing the Elf Bar Tacja Nicotine Pouches vs VELO Nicotine Pouches, you can find a lot of similarities, like they both have extra strong pouches and have a range of mint flavours. However, there are a few key differences between the Elf Bar Tacja Nicotine Pouches vs VELO Nicotine Pouches:
- 1. Pouch Size. The VELO pouches come in two different sizes (slim and mini) but the Tacja snus pouches come in only a slim size. Putting the two slim pouches side by side, the VELO pouches are more compact vs Tacja nicotine pouches.
- 2. Flavour Range. While both ranges have lots of different flavours, Tacja pouches have a more evenly distributed range of flavours between mint and non-mint vs VELO.
- 3. Nicotine Strength Options. VELO snus comes in 6 different nicotine strength options, starting at 4mg per pouch and spanning to 17mg per pouch. However, Tacja pouches focus on the extra strong strengths - with three options (12mg, 18mg and 20mg per pouch) on offer.
Elf Bar Tacja Nicotine Pouches vs VELO Nicotine Pouches: Product Side by Side
|Elf Bar Tacja Mint Nicotine Pouches||VELO Freeze MAX|
“While these flavours are not exactly the same, as each brand’s mint flavours can vary, what we can objectively put side by side are the release and overall experience from each pouch.
The VELO Freeze MAX pouches are the strongest of the VELO pouches, with 17mg of nicotine in each pouch, so for a fair enough comparison I tested the closest Elf Bar Tacja pouches - the Tacja Mint nicotine pouches. After using both pouches, the release time of the VELO definitely overtakes the release of the Tacja snus pouches (around 45 minutes vs 30 minutes of release) - but also VELO released the flavour and nicotine more consistently vs the Tacja Mint pouches. When it comes to pouch feel, I prefer the semi-dry portion of the Tacja pouches, however it adds a little bit more “bite” to the mint flavour. Price point wise, there is very little difference between these cans and both come at a decent price point for what you get.
When it comes to overall, VELO Freeze outdoes the current Tacja snus experience for me. Even though they have a lot of similarities, I feel the VELO snus pouches are tried and true, and Elf Bar will hopefully head up to that same level over time. However, which pouches you choose between VELO and Tacja will be dependent on your taste and preferences on experience.”